South African Sugarcane Research Institute (SASRI) is offering a graduate programme opportunity and applications are invited from the candidates who have completed a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma with a major in Business Information Systems/Computer Science andknowledge/experience in designing databases, developing and maintaining applications.
The successful candidate will be mentored by the Data Process Manager assisting with research to develop high tech products and services for the sugar [URL Removed] training will focus on Java SE, J2EE and the Oracle ADF Framework.
Other areas in which training will be provided is Oracle databases, Oracle BI Publisher, Jasper Reports, Oracle Application Express, SharePoint 2013 and Linux fundamentals.
Purpose of the Internship is to:
- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability.
- Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
- Successful candidate will receive an allowance of [URL Removed] on a monthly basis.
- There is onsite accommodation, meals, clinic facilities and a laundry service at a monthly contribution of [URL Removed] (optional).
- There will be opportunities for growth and development for intern who stand out from the rest and contribute significantly during the year.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- work in a team
- work methodically and systematically
- understand data management systems
- communicate well (verbal and written)
- understand IT systems from a development and business analysis point of view
- undertake design tasks for business computer systems
- work without supervision
- hardware and software technologies
- knowledge of Java,SQL,HTML,Oracle
How To Apply?