Makhuduthamaga Municipality Internships
Basic Salary :R 591 154. IS p.a (All Inclusive)
• Three year B. Com / National Diploma Accounting or equivalent.
• Minimum of three (03) years relevant experience in a finance.
• NQF level 5 minimum competency level in terms of the MFMA or accounting articles will be an added advantage,
• Must be computer literate, Have a valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of legislative framework governing the local government, MFMA, MBRR, Finanacial principles, related legislations and GRAP.
• Knowledge of Caseware will be added advantage.
Key Performance Areas:
•Prepares financial statements for internal and external users.
• Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with the GRAP reporting guidelines.
• Assists both the internal and external auditors as and when required.
• Assist the CFO’s office in reporting to all the relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance with the MFMA requirements on financial reporting for municipalities.
• Budget planning and implementation as per the MFMA requirements.
• Assist with the day to day running of the Budget & Reporting office.
• Perform income and expenditure projections accurately to ensure financial sustainability and viability of the Municipality.
• Implement a budget monitoring and a spent management system to ensure that procurement occurs from proper votes and that planned procurement occur.
• Prepare budget reports / statement as required by MFMA, Council and any relevant stakeholder within the Local Government Sphere.
INTERN: FINANCE X 3
Stipend : R 145 663.90 p.a (All Inclusive)
Qualification : B Com Degree/National Diploma in Accounting/Finance or Equivalent.
Competencies : Good verbal and written communications skills. Computer literacy
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in the implementation of generally accepted municipal accounting practice budget reforms.
• Assist in developing Statistical reporting.
• Assist in developing financial policies and procedures.
• Electronic capturing of finance data.
• Assist in implementing and monitoring financial reports.
• Filling all finance records and documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be accompanied by a signed application letter, a detailed CV, originally certified copies (not old than 3 months) of academic qualifications, copy of an identity document.
Short listed candidates will be required to produce original copies of qualifications on or before appointment.
Correspondence will only be entered into with short listed candidates.
If you do not receive notifications regarding your application within 90 (Ninety) days of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Applicants will be penalized for canvassing.
The successful candidate will be subjected to security vetting and required to submit disclosure of financial interest.
Failure to comply with the above request will disqualify your application.
Closing Date: 30 June 2017