The Health Services department focuses particularly on health in the workplace.
During the 9 months of the internship, Candidates may participate to (and/or lead their own) projects in the areas of Human Resources, Health and Safety by; Integrating EHS/HS/HR processes for governmental health claims.
Creating and improving financial and other processes for COIDA (local regulations).
Lead multifunctional team and engage with senior leadership in different geographic areas.
Interns will also be offered the possibility, under the guidance of SSA leadership/HR/EHS/HS, to participate to, and take the ownership of, relevant parts of larger projects such as health related integrated projects/initiatives for various Dow Businesses over the whole SSA region.
Duration of the Internship: 9 months
During the internship, participants will be offered the possibility to Demonstrate and develop their skills in Project Management, Communication, Networking, organization of own activities, time/priorities management, Voice of the Client / Surveys, documentation, reporting and presentation, team work, initiating new process and training/expertize in health and safety, HR and leadership.
Get Coaching and Mentoring from experienced colleagues.
Explore and gain understanding of, a variety of Dow businesses, functions, industries, markets, and governmental/legal of health in business.
Get experience of work in a global environment.
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
- Currently working towards a Master’s Degree or equivalent, in a technical field.
- A single (technical and commercial) education will be an advantage.
- The offer is not limited to graduation year students, more junior candidates may be considered too, based on their talents and competencies.
- Professional level of computer literacy is required. Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite; fluency in local African languages can be an advantage.
- Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship; the ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
- Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective, fast learners, independent contributors with a strong taste and ability to cooperate and share, creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.
- Attention to detail, documenting and implementing process flow charts is an important attribute.
How To Apply?