What should you do?
Write a two page CV. In addition to the usual, there are a few extra things we’re interested in seeing:
- What year of study are you in right now (2017) and what are your plans for next year? (Honours? 3rd Year?)
- A copy of your latest academic transcript.
- Tell us about leadership positions you’ve held, if any?
- Tell us about other internships you’ve completed?
- What are your related hobbies and interests?
- Do you have any related memberships or participated in any Olympiads
What can you look forward to?
- A two month internship at AWS in Cape Town
- Being mentored by experienced Amazon leaders and engineers
- Working on real problems and finding solutions
- A competitive internship payment
- If you are relocating from outside of Cape Town and surrounds, you may be eligible for a housing allowance.
What can you expect from your internship with us?
The kind of work interns do in Cape Town and the kind of work here generally sees the teams work on various aspects of EC2 including (but not limited to) the EC2 Web Console, the EC2 APIs, control plane workflow services that handle resource allocation (storage and network for example) and coordinating the pieces necessary to turn these resources into a running virtual machine.
What happens after the internship?
At the end of your 2 month period, we go through an evaluation process.
This may include communication about future internship programs at other times of the year during your studies.
How To Apply?
See details here.